Friday, January 24, 2014

Baxter's Breakfast Food

For breakfast each morning, Baxter gets Fresh Pet Select.


He loves this and it is easy to slice and serve, like the package says.  But mornings can be busy at Crest Avenue, so in an effort to make things even more simple, we have decided to make the morning routine even less rushed by preparing his breakfast and having it in the refrigerator and ready to eat.


These handy little stainless steel bowls are perfect for this use.  They come with plastic lids to seal out air and keep the food fresh.  We keep the morning meal very light.  Just a little something in the belly so he is not starving all day.


I have six bowls, so we did six individual servings.  I have had these bowls for many years, so I do not recall where I bought them.  You could use any container that has a lid which keeps the air out.


Into the refrigerator they go.  Now, when we get up in the morning, all we have to do it reach in and retrieve a bowl and breakfast is served while I am running around making coffee and preparing for the day.  On the weekends, he frequently has breakfast in bed.  So when I get up and make my way to the kitchen for a cup of coffee, I usually bring breakfast back to bed for him.  Baxter has the life.  Poor thing has a sore foot.  This started last night.  He was fine yesterday morning but last night he was raising his left front foot.  Hopefully it will be better in a day or two.  If not, then we'll run over to see Dr. Ziemer.

No comments: