Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Spinach Update

Last week we talked about spinach storage.  In that post I wrote about finding a white cotton salad crisper bag and that I was going to transfer the weekly spinach purchase from the bag it came in to the cotton salad crisper bag.  I followed the instructions on the bag which told to rinse the spinach, place the rinsed spinach into the cotton bag, shake it, close the bag using the drawstring and place it in the refrigerator.  I did all of that and placed it in the crisper drawer and turned the humidity level in that drawer to low.  And here is what we have one week later.


Still fresh spinach!!  I was happy to see that it held up quite well over the week.  Much, much better than leaving it in the bag from the store.  When left in the store bag for a week, we usually see it start to decompose by this time.  Not a bad leaf in the bag.




This is what it looked like last week right after rinsing.  You see.  Not much difference.

So, the cotton salad crisper bag works.  At the rate I am using this I should be able to use all of the spinach before it goes bad, and that is a good thing.  Waste not, want not.  Later I'll show you just how I make the Nutri-Blast drinks which are so delicious and so good for you.

No comments: