Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A "Cleaning Out the Refrigerator" Salad

I know that might not sound very appealing, but this was actually very good.


We will be away next week in Las Vegas.  I normally go through the refrigerator before any trip lasting more than a couple days and throw out anything that looks like it might not make it until my return.  Last night I had a partial bag of shredded lettuce and a partial bag of shredded cheddar cheese.  So I put the two together and added one bag of chunk light tuna and one bag of salmon and then crumbled a few tortilla chips on top. I added a little salt and white pepper and a splash of lemon juice and a little lemon flavored olive oil.  Can I tell you how delicious this was?!!  Positively divine.  And so simple to make.  The only thing I would add next time would be a sliced hard boiled egg.

Now, we have to talk about one more thing.  The olive oil I used in this salad.  It is by a company called Lucero and it is lemon infused olive oil.


I received a bottle of this as a Christmas present in December from my friend, Bev.  (Martha has her best friend, Memrie Lewis to whom she refers frequently.  My BFF is Bev.  You will read about her frequently in posts on Welcome to Crest Avenue.)  I want you to go today and buy a bottle of this olive oil.  It is absolute heaven.  I have been putting it on everything since Christmas.  I want you to run, not walk, to get a bottle of this today.  You will not be sorry.  I think what I want to do is to get one of those olive oil spritzers that you fill and then pump and then spray the olive oil on whatever you are preparing.  How delicious that would be sprayed on a salad; over fish or over steamed broccoli or cauliflower or french cut green beans.  Give this olive oil a try.

No comments: