Saturday, February 22, 2014

We're Making Toll House Cookies

We are making Toll House Cookies in the morning.  We also have to run errands tomorrow morning.  And we want to spend some time outside cleaning up since the weather is supposed to be nice.  So, to get a head start on tomorrow, we got everything measured and together for the cookies tonight.


The butter needs to be at room temperature, which it will be.  The two eggs should be at room temperature also.  Eggs are perfectly sealed so it will not hurt for them to sit out overnight.  In one plastic container is the pre-measured flour, baking soda and salt.  In the other is the pre-measured sugar and brown sugar.  These plastic containers are wonderful.  They are leftover hot and sour soup containers from Beijing Palace.  I love hot and sour soup from Beijing Palace and I save the containers for just such use.  Perfection.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I keep my brown sugar in the refrigerator in an airtight container.  When I need it for a recipe, it is the perfect consistency.  Not hard as a rock as it used to be when I kept it in the pantry.  A valuable lesson which I will share with you now.

So, tomorrow will be a busy day and we'll talk all about that this coming week.

No comments: