Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fruit and Veggie Sacks

A few weeks ago we talked about keeping fresh spinach is a clean, white cotton bag that I found while cleaning out the basement.  Our experiment showed that the spinach lasted much longer kept in this bag rather than the plastic bag which it came in from the store.  After this experiment, I was on the prowl for more of these types of bags to store fresh fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator.  I found these bags at my local Giant grocery store.


These come in a package of three which I thought would be enough.  It was not.  I will be going back to get at least another three.


This huge basket full of fruit was fine to leave un-refrigerated (except for the strawberries).


But the the peppers and tomatoes and celery and cucumbers needed to be kept cool.  These bags worked perfectly.  If you have a Giant grocery store nearby, look for these mesh bags to keep produce.  They can be found in the produce section, usually hanging on a hook on the end of a shelf.

No comments: