Monday, February 17, 2014

And We Couldn't Forget Valentine's Day for Baxter

We couldn't forget Baxter on this Valentine's Day.  So he got a special treat also.


While I was picking up cards for friends, I found just the perfect card for Baxter.


Short, simple and to the point.


One of his favorite treats is a Dingo.  I suppose this is so because these were the treats he first starting receiving as soon as he was old enough to get treats.


For a special treat, we got him these two Beefhide Bones from Boots & Barkley.  He actually had a good time chewing on this last night as we watch tv.  Of course, all treats given to him are American made.  This is imperative.  We do not buy any treats made in China.  There have been too many stories in the news about pets coming down with severe illness that, in some cases, has led to death from consuming pet treats made in China.  I don't know what is going on there but I know enough to make sure that he only gets treats made in the U.S. or that are made at home by me.


The Dingo bag also contained two mint flavored breath treats.  So we added those to the container.


We are all stocked up on treats for little Baxter for some time.  We snapped on the plastic lid and into the refrigerator to keep them fresh.  As I have said in the past, I keep these treats and his dry dog food in plastic bags in the refrigerator.  I know they are designed to be left in containers at room temperature, but why take the chance.

So one last Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  What is next?  St. Patrick's Day, I believe.  That is always fun.

No comments: