Thursday, June 26, 2014

Watermelon, Watermelon, ... Who's Got the Watermelon

Who doesn't love a nice cold slice of watermelon on a hot summer day?  I know I sure do.  I picked up two miniature watermelons at the market last weekend.


These were advertised as seedless, but even the seedless have a few seeds.  They were perfectly ripened.  I refrigerated them and took them out just before serving, so they were nice and cold.  I like the smaller watermelons because they fit in the refrigerator easily.  Most of us do not have large, commercial sized refrigerators in our kitchens, so the mini's are a better choice.  I served them fully sliced, on the deck on a cutting board.  What a spectacular presentation.  From the cutting board you can serve your guests to their liking - the whole slice, one-half or a quarter.  Serve with lots of napkins and mint juleps.  Extraordinaire!!!


No comments: