Friday, June 6, 2014

An Outdoor Fireplace

Last weekend was not what I would call cool, but it certainly was not as hot and humid as what we typically see in Washington the first few days of June.  The temperature was in the high 70's and the absence of the usual oppressive humidity was noticeable.  It was perfect gardening weather.

In the evenings, after a full days work in the yard, we would sit on the deck and have a libation.  One night I found the gel can inserts for the fireplace which hangs on the privacy wall and we decided to have a fire.  I post these pictures of that same fire burning but in a series of five separate photos.  I love to watch the flames and how they change.


I like to watch the fire dance.  It takes on somewhat mystical properties as it dances.


I see three performers here.


And here again.


Don't see much here.


But here I see George Jetson on the right being chased by some otherworldly creature.

I love this little fireplace.  It is just perfect to chase away a slight chill in the air.  And fun to watch.  It came from Overstock.com some years ago.  I don't know if they still have them.  But it wouldn't hurt to check if you are interested in one for your deck.

No comments: