Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Did You Ever Make An Ice Block Around a Bottle of Vodka?

If not, take a look.  Isn't this the coolest thing you've ever seen.  I used a half-gallon milk carton.  I put the bottle in the center and placed a few lemon slices around and filled just above the slices.


Then I placed it in the freezer.  Once that layer was frozen, I placed a few more lemon slices and added more water and placed it back in the freezer.


What a wonderful look.


I like the way the ice is uneven on the top.


And I like the little ice crystals that formed along the top.  Looks like freshly fallen snow.

This would be a spectacular way to serve vodka at a party.  Keep a bar towel close at hand so that you have something to grab it with when pouring.  And have a suitable sized bowl or tray with sides to keep it on to keep the melting controlled.  I think I'll do several of these for my next party.  Maybe different flavored vodkas and use matching fruit in the ice to the flavor of the vodka.  Good idea!!

No comments: