Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Did You Ever Make An Ice Block Around a Bottle of Vodka?

If not, take a look.  Isn't this the coolest thing you've ever seen.  I used a half-gallon milk carton.  I put the bottle in the center and placed a few lemon slices around and filled just above the slices.


Then I placed it in the freezer.  Once that layer was frozen, I placed a few more lemon slices and added more water and placed it back in the freezer.


What a wonderful look.


I like the way the ice is uneven on the top.


And I like the little ice crystals that formed along the top.  Looks like freshly fallen snow.

This would be a spectacular way to serve vodka at a party.  Keep a bar towel close at hand so that you have something to grab it with when pouring.  And have a suitable sized bowl or tray with sides to keep it on to keep the melting controlled.  I think I'll do several of these for my next party.  Maybe different flavored vodkas and use matching fruit in the ice to the flavor of the vodka.  Good idea!!
Post a Comment