Tuesday, June 10, 2014

VIO Light for Toothbrush Sanitation

We are going to take a break from all things yard and garden today and talk about a product which I am very happy to have found.  And one that I think you will want also.

Recently, I have had concerns about proper storage and care for my toothbrush.  I must admit until this point in my life, I gave this very little consideration.  I brushed my teeth, put the toothbrush in a glass, brush end up and left it at that.  I guess what prompted me to give this some thought was a few months ago when my tongue swelled.  My doctor suggested that I was having an allergic reaction to one of my medications.  And that may well be what happened.  At least partially.  I still believe that a toothbrush that was too old and not properly cleaned and stored had at least something to do with it.  So I set about correcting this problem and got myself a VIO toothbrush sanitizer.


The package claims to kill 99% of bacteria on the toothbrush, including the H1N1 flu virus.  Whether or not it actually kills the flu virus I do not know.  But I do believe that the UV light does kill harmful bacteria which accumulate on the toothbrush.


It is very easy to operate.  Simply place two AA batteries in the battery compartment, put your toothbrush inside with the toothbrush head facing the light, and close the case.


The UV light comes on for a predetermined period to sanitize your toothbrush.  Once the allotted time is up, the light turns off until the next time you use your toothbrush and return it to the case.  Snapping the case closed turns on the light.  You need to wipe the brush clear of any water droplets and wipe off the bristles.  I remove the toothbrush and wipe the inside of the tray with a dry cloth once per week.

I like this model because it is battery operated.  I can take it with me when I travel.  And it does not need an electrical outlet which my bathroom is severely lacking.  I bought this from www.TouchofModern.com for $19.95.  I wise investment in my opinion.

No comments: