Friday, March 28, 2014

New Pillows for a Restful Night's Sleep

If you are like me, you sometimes have trouble getting the correct amount of sleep.  Some nights I can't fall asleep.  Others, I fall asleep and then wake up and can't get back to sleep.  Others, I toss and turn and sleep for short amounts of time but do not get REM sleep.  I think part of this comes with age and part is from stress.  We all have stress.  These are difficult times we are living in.  I decided to take action on this lack of sleep thing and ordered two of Joy Mangano's new "Comfort & Joy" Temptexx Technology pillows. They are divine.


Many of you are familiar with Joy Mangano, I'm sure, from Home Shopping Network.  She has the most creative products and very reliable products.  I have two sets of her clothes hangers.  I have one set upstairs in black and gold and another set in the basement closets in gray and gold.  Very durable hangers.  She has a little steamer that she sells that looks really nice.  I already have more steamers than I know what to do with, so I didn't buy hers.  She has a room fragrance line, luggage - just lots of things that are well thought out and make life easy and enjoyable.  I love to watch her when she is on HSN.


The pillows arrived yesterday and I was anxious to get them on the bed.  So Baxter and I got them out of the box and into the pillow cases.  Enclosed was this card which gives you information on the design of the pillows.  There are two sides - one which is warm and one which is cool.  I'll be using the cool side.  The cool side is the dotted side that you see in the pictures above.  I cannot stand to be in a hot bed.  Ugh!!  I used these for the first time last night and they are wonderful.  So comfortable.  Very supportive of your head and neck and shoulders.  I slept like a baby.


These are the outgoing pillows.  And I was sad to let these go because these were very expensive.  They were advertised as having a cooling effect and that they would not eventually become lumpy.  You can see in this picture that they did, in fact, become lumpy.  And I don't recall them being cool.  Maybe in the very beginning.  But after they started to disintegrate, all cooling properties were gone.

So if you are thinking that you want to try some new pillows to improve your sleep, stop by HSN and check out Joy's line of goods.

No comments: