Friday, March 14, 2014

Baxter Gets a Treat from Sprinkles Cupcakes

We're all familiar with the delicious cupcake company Sprinkles (www.sprinkles.com).



At least we are familiar with Sprinkles for humans.  But did you know they also make cupcakes for our canine friends.  That's right.  They have a cupcake made especially for dogs.  I stopped by their Georgetown store one day this week to pick up a gift card and I couldn't resist picking up a few of these canine cupcakes. Actually, Tara, the General Manager gave me three cupcakes for Baxter which was such a nice thing to do.


It's always fun to get a box from Sprinkles.  And now even for our furry friends.  So this was the box that contained the cupcakes for Baxter.


Tara was nice enough to give me three cupcakes, but I gave one to a good friend who has three doggies he rescued from the shelter.  I thought they deserved a treat too, so I gave one to him to share with his kids.


And she gave me this cute little plate to serve the cupcake.  These are little balsa wood plates.  Incredibly cute and a nice change from an ordinary paper plate.


As you can see here, they look just like a regular cupcake that we would eat.  I asked Tara about the sugar content and she said there is just a miniscule amount in the yogurt which is part of the mix.


Off with the wrapper.


On the plate and ready to serve.


Although these are miniature cupcakes, I thought we would slice it in half.  He is so tiny that a little cupcake goes a long way.  Plus he will have more nights to enjoy them if he eats them one half at a time.


He was naturally curious and checked it out before just diving in.  But it didn't take long for him to decide this was something he definitely wanted to try.


And very quickly it was in his mouth and off to a safe and secluded place to further examine and eat.  I would say that Baxter is very much a fan of Sprinkles cupcakes.  And of course he is. Who isn't?!  But I've probably started something now that I cannot stop.  I had a friend who gave me a couple jabs about going to Sprinkles and getting something for Baxter but nothing for myself.  Ahh, the sacrifices we make for our children!  He is, after all, number one at Crest Avenue.



If you live in or around Georgetown or the greater Washington metropolitan area, stop by and visit Sprinkles.  You won't be sorry.








No comments: