Friday, March 7, 2014

A Couple Kitchen Thingies That You Might Find Helpful

Sometimes,...  in fact many times, when you find something new and interesting, you are not actually looking for it.  The item(s) usually just appear and when you see them you know you have just found something useful. Such was the case recently with these two items below.


We will start with these cute little clips with magnets.  I am not a big fan of having too much stuff adhered to the refrigerator with magnets, no matter how cute the magnet.  But I realize I am probably in the minority on this topic.  Many a school project has been placed under a magnet on a refrigerator door by a proud parent. And there is nothing wrong with that.  But if that is what you do, then let's keep it as organized and attractive as possible.  Enter, these cute little magnetized clips in various colors.  I found these at Target, as usual. Have I told you how much I like Target?  They come four to a card, so I bought two.  Keeping them lined up here on the refrigerator for when I receive my next piece of artwork from my little niece or a card from a special friend to just say hello.  We love these clips and they get the WTCA Thumbs UP!


We will now switch to the Glass Drying Mats.  Very nice.  If one is good, then two is better is my philosophy.  So I got two.  I already have a drying mat which is about the size of these two glass drying mats when placed side-by-side.  The original drying mat is perfect for counter drying dishes.  It is very thick and absorbent.  But it is not so good for drying glasses.


Because the original drying mat is so thick, I have never felt safe placing glasses atop it for fear that they would topple over and break.  These mats designed specifically for drying glasses are not as thick as the original drying mat, so the glasses sit comfortably and stable on the mat.  A very good thing indeed. Someone was thinking when they came up with this idea.  Not all of my glassware is put through the dishwasher.  Finer pieces are washed by hand and air dried on the kitchen counter.  So it is important to have the right tools in place to assist with that chore.  And now I have those tools.  These also came from Target.

No comments: