Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Blast from the Past

I was on the train last night, going through my messages when I looked up and realized I was on one of the old cars from the early days of the Metro system in Washington.


I don't know who chose this lovely orange and orange color scheme, but it is quite the look.  The subway started running in downtown Washington in the early to mid 70's.  Thinking back to that time, I suppose these colors were very much en vogue.  Not so much today.


One of the side-seats just inside the door.  These seats are reserved for the elderly and disabled.


And finally, as we made our way out of the tunnel at RFK Stadium.  The orange and orange seem even more vibrant in the natural light, of which there was not a lot.  We had overcast skies and a few rain showers last evening and through the night.  Baxter's first steps outside this morning were onto a damp deck which clearly indicated we had rain overnight.  I'll get a picture of the new rail cars and share that with you tomorrow.  They have a whole new color scheme.

No comments: