Monday, April 14, 2014

We Sprouted Sprouts

Last Wednesday we talked about growing alfalfa sprouts in the new Sprouter we got at Williams Sonoma. We followed the instructions that came with it and were told in those instructions that within 2 - 4 days we would have a fresh supply of sprouts to use on our salads and sandwiches.  Well, guess what.  We do!!!  It took a little longer than 2 - 4 days, but we do, indeed, have fresh alfalfa sprouts to enjoy.


Here is the top level, or level 1.


Middle level, or level 2.


Bottom level, or level 3.


Just so you don't think I'm pulling your leg and photographing the same container 3 times, here are all three containers full of alfalfa sprouts.


And here they are atop my lunch salad for today.


Today's salad consists of yellow grape tomatoes, sliced pepperoni, hearts of palm, a fresh garden mix of greens and fresh alfalfa sprouts.  What a spectacular looking salad.  I cannot wait until lunch.  In a separate container I brought a quarter cup of 2% cottage cheese with diced pineapple and a wedge of cheese.  Now, will I have a piece of chocolate this afternoon?  Probably.  I may even have two pieces or three.  But I can do so because I had this for lunch.  And that's how I roll.

#alfalfa sprouts

No comments: