Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Eco Nuts Wool Dryer Balls

We have talked about dryer balls here at WTCA in the past.  In our last conversation, we introduced the hedgehog balls.


These were so cute.  I loved the idea that by tumbling in the dryer they helped to separate the clothing therefore reducing drying time.  They also have a fabric softening effect.  I used them in conjunction with scented dryer sheets for a most satisfying clothes drying experience.


But, as time went on, the poor little hedgehogs began to lose their quills.  Slowly, ... cycle after cycle, ... a few more quills; then a few more; then a few more.  Until now, we are left with quill-reduced hedgehogs for the dryer.


But all is not lost.  Because I recently found Eco Nuts Wool Dryer Balls.  I was intrigued when I first saw them.  And, of course, any product called "Eco Nuts" is going to get my attention as it would anyone.


So what we've got here is a box of 4 rather large 100% felted wool balls.


Because they are felted they will not unravel and according to the box are good for 1,000's of drying cycles. They work by distributing the heat more efficiently inside the dryer drum.


So we said goodbye to the little hedgehogs and added these felted wool balls to the dryer.  The directions on the box say that you can add some essential oils to the balls if you would like to incorporate your favorite scent during your clothes drying.  I will not be doing that for fear that the oil will stain whatever I am drying. Will I still through in a Bounce sheet?  Maybe.  I'll have to wait and see how I feel about that after I've used these a few times.  I normally use fabric softener (original Downey) in the dispenser during the wash cycle.  I don't really need to then use a dryer sheet.  The times they are a-changin'.  Thank you Bob Dylan.









  

No comments: