Monday, April 21, 2014

A Festive Easter Basket

We had a lot to be thankful for this Easter.  It was one year ago on April 17 that the oral surgeon took the biopsy on the place in Steven's mouth.  Two weeks later we got the news that it was cancer.  And two weeks later on May 17 he was in the operating room.  That was the beginning of a year that seems now to have been one long, slow motion dream.  If you have not had cancer or cared for someone while they go through the treatment for cancer, you cannot know what it is like.  I had no idea.  It is difficult.  But, we made it through.  He has had two scans since the end of treatment and everything is fine.  We are pleased with this news.

So, this Easter had a much happier vibe than last Easter.


I found this beautiful David Austin White Rose at Whole Foods.  This was one of those finds that you don't go looking for.  They come to you.  I knew immediately that this would be part of his gift.


A basket full of goodies and the David Austin rose.  The basket contains Wolfgang Puck "Jamaica Me Crazy" coffee pods, a candle, two little Easter bunnies and a skincare product.  I made the bunny cards.


I used a piece of clip art I found online that I cut and pasted into a text box.  Then I added my own greeting at the bottom.  I printed them on cardstock, cut them out, used a one-hole punch to make a hole in the top to put ribbon through.  Then I tied them to each gift.  A really cute presentation.


I put the basket and the rosebush in a silver lacquered tray and that was how I presented the gifts to him.


Here he is reading all about the rose bush and figuring out exactly where he will place it in the yard.  I thought this was an especially appropriate gift this year.  New life being planted in the ground.  Easter is a celebration of new life and his coming through cancer and having clear scans so far is sort of a new life for him.

No comments: