Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We Are Making Our Own Sprouts at Crest Avenue

I recently found this wonderful little sprouter kit at Williams Sonoma.


I like sprouts in my salads and on sandwiches, so I thought I would give this a try.  It was originally $16.95, on sale for $9.95 and free shipping.  Oh, and I had a coupon.  So it was a deal I couldn't pass up.  The whole thing couldn't be easier.


The white tray on the bottom collects the water.  There are four clear trays on top.  Fill three of the trays with seed.  So here is the first tray.


The second tray.


And the third tray.


Measure two cups of water.


Place the fourth clear tray on top of the stack and pour the two cups of water into the top tray.  No seeds in this tray.  Leave the top off while growing sprouts.  The top can be placed on once they have sprouted.


There are tiny holes around the perimeter of each clear tray which allow the water to filter down through the trays until it reaches the bottom white tray.


You can see the water trickling down the sides of the trays as it makes its way to the bottom.  Repeat this process every 24 hours, rotating the clear trays and in two - four days you will have fresh alfalfa sprouts.


This is a picture of what we are expecting in a few days.  So let's see what happens.  I am anxious and hopeful that we will have a bumper crop!

No comments: