Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Beauties

We are going to start the week with a couple of really pretty pictures of some spring blooms which we were fortunate to see this past weekend.



While I have posted pictures of this pot of crocus on the deck a couple of times, they were still closed for the most part.  I was so happy to see them in full bloom when I stepped outside Saturday morning.



Here is a shot of a cluster of blooms ready to open on the Ornamental Pear tree in the back yard.  So incredibly beautiful.  I have to say my love of flowers and flowering/ornamental trees comes from my father.  He loved to spend time in the yard tending his gardens and trees.  He was forever finding something new to plant in the yard when I was young.  We had apple trees, a cherry tree, a black walnut tree, a pear tree, grape vines which yielded both purple and white grapes.  He was even known to make a little wine from the grape harvest.  He loved impatiens.  I should see about getting some impatiens this year.

It was a busy weekend at Crest Avenue.  I roasted a turkey as I promised I would last week.  I made Easy Cheese Danish which turned out magnificent.  I will share both recipes with you.  (The turkey was done in the electric roasting pan and turned out perfectly browned and delicious simply does not describe the flavor.)  We measured and marked the location for the new greenhouse.  (I expect to have the foundation for that in place by the end of this week.)  The grasses in the back yard were dug up and transferred to large pots and strategically placed next to and around the new zero gravity chairs.  There will be lots to share with you throughout the week.

No comments: