Friday, April 12, 2013

Get Creative

Many times I will see something I like and buy it not knowing at the time I buy it what it will be used for.  I just know that I like it and that it will eventually find its purpose.  Such is the case with two little wooden trays I bought when I visited the island of Maui some years ago.  A beautiful, beautiful place and somewhere you should try to visit if at all possible.  During my stay, I did some shopping in the local shops and picked up things that would always help me remember this trip.  Of those things were two little wooden trays.  Nondescript, but I knew I wanted them.  When I returned I put them away and gave them no more thought.  Until this week.  I have been looking for something to hold my business cards and I was not pleased with any of the standard card holders that you find at office supply stores.  So, I put these little wooden trays to use.


They work perfectly for this purpose.


So I have a tray of them on the front entry table and another tray on my dresser so I can remember to put some in my shirt pocket each day before I leave the house.

I guess the popular phrase for this is "thinking outside the box."  But I do not necessarily subscribe to that axiom.  To me it is more of just being creative and using what you've got to get what needs to be done, done.  So, don't follow the crowd.  Come up with your own ideas.  It's a great confidence booster!!

No comments: