Friday, April 5, 2013

Back to the Kitchen Renovation

It has been a week or maybe a little longer since we talked about the kitchen renovation.  But we have not stopped that project.  Gardening duties have taken over.  I'm afraid they are going to really take over this weekend.  Plus we have been waiting for the blinds to arrive from Just Blinds.  Each blind is made to order, so it takes some time for your order to arrive.

Below is a picture of the wooden blind that was previously in the kitchen.  This is on the window which is over the sink.  I liked these when I bought them, but they have been up for some time now, and we are changing the look of the kitchen, so the blinds needed to be changed too.





Below is the new blind from Just Blinds which takes the place of the wooden blinds.  I did not realize how much light the wooden blinds kept out of the room until I got this new blind installed.



Of course, as with every home improvement project, there is a mess to deal with somewhere along the way.  This was the countertop during the installation, which was not easy.  Not the fault of Just Blinds.  I wanted the blind to fit snugly in the space.  That is, I wanted to keep the slats as close to the cabinets as possible, which I succeeded in doing.  But that made the rail at the top a bit snug also.  With a little time and patience I got it installed and it looks wonderful.


This weekend I would like to get some backsplash tiles up.  We'll see what happens with that.


No comments: