Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New! Pocket Hose

Looks like today is going to be product endorsement day here at WTCA.  First we talked about watching expiration dates on Diet Pepsi cans.  Now we are going to talk about the new Pocket Hose which has been recently advertised on tv.


I was in Walmart recently, making my way out of the garden center, when I came upon an aisle end-cap filled bottom to top with these new pocket hoses.  The tv commercial shows how easy they are to store and how light they are compared to regular outdoor hoses.  So I thought I would try one and see what I thought.  A few years ago I tried one of the curly hoses which were all the rage.  Those did not work for me.  The water pressure was awful.  So those went back to the store.  The Pocket Hose will not go back.  I will admit that the diameter of the hose itself is smaller than regular garden hoses, but the water pressure stays very close to what you get with a regular garden hose.  And when you are done and turn off the water, they do contract as shown on tv.  It is very light.  You will not believe just how heavy the regular garden hose is until you try the Pocket Hose.  They do not kink!!!  The price is worth it just for that.  They, of course, are not heavy duty and should not be used with garden sprinklers.  But if you are looking for a lightweight hose to do some plant watering around your yard, these are great.  They come in 25' and 50' lengths.  (I ended up getting a second one!!)

No comments: