Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Expiration Dates on Soda Cans

When the soda manufacturers started putting expiration dates on the cans of soda, I scoffed.  I thought, what on earth is the use of such?  It's soda - in a sealed can.  How can it go bad?  I was wrong.


This morning I was in one of the vacant offices and there was a can of Diet Pepsi, so on my way out I picked it up.  I got a glass of ice and poured the contents of the can into the glass of ice.  When I took my first drink I thought, something is not right.  Another sip.  Something is not right.  A third.  Finally, I held the can up and looked at the date stamped on the bottom.  August 2012.  I guess soda does have a shelf life and those of us who drink it should pay attention.  Just a quick post that I thought might be useful.

No comments: