Thursday, April 4, 2013

An Update of the Ivy Removal

In a post on January 9 of this year, we talked about removing ivy from one of the Sweet Gum trees in the front yard at Crest Avenue.  In that post I explained what I was doing as follows:

"As we have discussed here in the past, I have large, mature Sweet Gum trees throughout the property at Crest Avenue.  These trees are easily 80 to 100 feet in height.  I am certain that they were part of the landscape of this plot of ground before it was cleared in 1947 to build on."



Above is a picture of what the tree looked like that day.  Below is a picture of what it looks like today.


You can see what has happened over the past 3 months as the ivy has slowly started to die.  In the top picture the ivy was still lush and green.  Now it has turned a yellowish color.  We will revist this in a few months at which time I expect that it will be completely gone.

As I stated in my post on January 9, the tree on the left which is covered in ivy is not mine.  The property line runs between these two trees.  So I am not at liberty to address that problem.  I am happy to see that my efforts to remove the ivy from my tree have been successful.

Beautiful weather arrives on Saturday.  I will be in the yard all weekend.  I cannot wait.  My good friend, Judy Philen O'Connell, who lives on the west coast has already started working in her garden and I am extremely jealous.  I hope to try and catch up with her this weekend.

No comments: