Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Clock

Yesterday we talked about moving the large clock from the fireplace mantel and replacing it with an Irving Penn photo on paper which I received as a gift a few years ago.  So where did the clock go?


In the tv room.  This is a difficult wall.  It is a large wall and the entertainment center, which I purchased at Crate & Barrel, takes up most of the space.  There is this small area between the entertainment center and the closet door and I can never find anything that really looks good here.  I've tried many different things and nothing really does it for me.  So when I was looking for a place for the clock I decided to try it here.  I like it.


This wall looks barren without anything on it.  The clock blends in well with the rest of the room.  I think I may have at last found the perfect something for this space.

You also see to the right of the picture one of my metal dachshunds.  This was the first I received for my birthday last year.  Last week, I received a second dachshund constructed and fashioned from metal.  He sits behind Herman (that's the name of this fellow.)  I have space for and need one final metal dachshund sculpture and my collection will be complete.  I am told not to go searching since my birthday is a mere 4 months away.  I have been forbidden to buy another metal dachshund.  So, I'll go with it and see what happens on November 4.

Anybody for some Shrimp Salad with Dill?  I was in the mood for it over the weekend and I made the most supreme salad you have ever tasted.  We will talk about that tomorrow and I'll share the recipe.

No comments: