Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Day Without My Cell Phone is Like a Day Without, . . . Well, . . . A Day Without my Cell Phone

First thing - we are having the most beautiful weather here in the Mid-Atlantic this morning.  You just cannot imagine.  It was 58 degrees at Crest Avenue this morning and there is not a drop of humidity in the air.  Glorious.  Simply glorious.  I had planned today to post with pictures of the gardens at Crest Avenue.  I got up early and stepped out into the cool, dry, morning air, with camera in hand and took picture after picture after picture using my cellphone camera.  I came inside, placed the cellphone in my bag, got ready, left the house, parked at the train station, jumped on the train and started pawing through my bag looking for my cellphone.  No cellphone.  Therefore, no pictures.  I don't know what happened.  Maybe I placed it on the dining room table and didn't realize that.  Maybe it fell out of my bag onto the seat in the car at the train station.  I don't know.  All I know is I am without my cellphone and I cannot download the pictures I wanted to share with you today.  Crazy.  Crazy.  Crazy.

So I'll share with you some pictures that I downloaded over the weekend which I had decided not to post because I thought it would be horrifyingly boring.  So go with me.

Late last week, I decided I would defrost some chicken tenders and prepare them with one of the Philadelphia Creme Sauces I purchased the previous weekend.

This was my first time experimenting with these.  I opted for the original flavor this first time.  So, the idea is that you sear the chicken on the stove top, add assorted vegetables, then add the cooking creme and then serve dinner.  How hard can that be?  And that is basically what I did, with a bit of a twist.  I seared the chicken strips on the stovetop, five minutes on each side.  When that was done, I placed two handfuls of frozen french-style green beans from the freezer on top of the chicken, covered the pan with a vented lid, and turned the heat down to simmer.  Fifteen minutes later the green beans were thawed and wilted but still with a "snap" to them.  With a wooden spoon I added the cooking creme to the pan and incorporated it with the prepared chicken and green beans.  In a word - Incroyable!  Incredible!  This product should be a big hit for the folks at Philadelphia.

I decided to put together a "meals on wheels" plate for our patient.



That is chicken tenders over french style green beans, diced tomatoes with salt and a few dried kiwi slices.  Delicious and healthy.


And what would a meal like this be without a dessert?  So I added a container of my Banana Tang soft serve.  This is my own creation which is quite delicious.



The whole thing sealed up and ready to go with a couple embossed napkins from the project earlier in the day.

I guess this turned out not to be a boring post after all.  Give this Philadelphia Cooking Creme a try.  I think you will enjoy it! 

No comments: