Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Bathroom Makeover Beginning

I want to give the main bathroom a more "spa-like" feel.  The space is uber-small, but that is OK.  With a little creativity, you can transform any space to look like you want.  The size of your rooms or of your house does not dictate the level of luxury.  You decide the level of luxury.  Small spaces can be every bit as luxurious as large spaces.

The first thing I did was to change all the towels to large, white terrycloth.  Then I changed the shower curtain to an all white waffle-weave.  These were both wonderful changes.  The second thing I chose to do was to paint the cabinet which sits behind and over the commode.


There is very limited space in this bathroom, so in order to have storage for anything, I really needed one of these cabinets.  I do not remember where I got this.  Target?  Maybe.  Probably.  It was inexpensive and gave me some storage room, so I bought it.  The finish is too dark for my taste right now.  So, I wanted to paint it.  First I thought I would antique it in Ivory.  But then I decided, no.


So, I moved it to the deck in preparation for painting in some shade of white or some other very muted, soothing color.  Maybe an extremely, extremely light blue.  I put down a large piece of brown kraft paper to avoid spatter marks on the deck.  Whatever color I chose, I knew that it would need to be painted with primer first.  I went back in to do a few things and what happened.  The rain came!  I had to drag it back inside.  That was two days ago.  It has been raining and raining for the past two days.  But never fear.  I will get this painted.  And as soon as I do, I will share it with you.  Then of course will come the bathroom renovation which will include removing wall tile which was set in 1947.  That should be fun.  Then there will be new finishes installed.  It will be a fun project and one that I am certain will take some time.  Thank goodness I have a second bathroom!!!

No comments: