Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We Made it Through the Rain . . .

. . . and the wind.  We were very fortunate at Crest Avenue with this most damaging storm not to have any damage or flooding.

The table on the deck this morning.  I like all the different colors of the leaves on the table.


The deck.  The two plants on the right side of the picture are the hanging baskets of begonias and asparagus fern that I planted in the spring.  I thought it best to take these downs before the winds arrived rather than having them smash through the window and ending up in the tv room  These can be placed back on their hangers now.


Some bamboo that is a little water logged this morning.  I love the look and the privacy that bamboo provides around the deck.  Once this has a chance to dry out, it will take its place back in the grove.


Here we have a shot of the back yard from the deck.  Lots of leaves but no damage, thank goodness.
You will remember a post I made earlier this year about the gutter inserts I installed.  Before the storm arrived, I made my way up on the ladder to inspect those foam inserts to make sure everything was clean so there would not be any problem with water backing up in the gutters and running inside.  I lifted quite a few sections on the front and back and found that the gutters were as clean as they were before I installed the gutter guard inserts.  No debris had collected in the gutters.  There were no signs of rust or any kind of decay.  The rains came and the water made its way through the gutters and away from the foundation.  Actually, this is one of the first times I can remember not having water in the basement since 2001 when I purchased Crest Avenue.




No comments: