Friday, October 19, 2012

A Wholesome Lunch from Whole Foods

I stopped at Whole Foods this morning on my walk through the city.  Surprisingly, the store is bustling even early in the morning.  I made my way to the fresh foods bar and decided to put together a lunch box.


So what we have here is (from left to right), Meditteranean Rice, Roasted Chicken and Beef Strips, Cabbage Crunch and a hard-boiled egg.  Not a bad lunch for a diabetic or anyone for that matter.  You will notice that my lunch box is not filled to the top.  There is no need for that.  Take what you think you can eat and stop.  A difficult thing to do when there is so much available, but a practice to get into.

My blood sugar was 94 on Wednesday night and 99 last night.  I'm back on the treadmill for 30 minutes each evening and I am walking each morning.  The key - absolute key thing to do to keep blood sugar down is to keep moving.  Walk, run, jog - whatever works for you.  Believe me, I know this to be true.  I have learned the hard way.  If I stop walking and treadmilling, my blood sugar goes right back up.  Keeping active is essential for people with Type II Diabetes and is also a way to ward off diabetes, which is no pleasant thing to deal with.

No comments: