Monday, October 15, 2012

Quiche with Goat Cheese and Hash Brown Crust

Continuing with our egg themed weekend, I made a Quiche with Goat Cheese and Hash Brown Crust.  I cannot take credit for this recipe.  It is a Martha Stewart recipe, so I must give credit where credit is due.  If you are interested in making this recipe you can visit www.marthastewart.com and check out her recipe page.  I will post the recipe on my recipe page, but give Martha credit for this creation.


Here is a picture of this wonderful creation before we removed it from the springform pan.  This is a 9" pan.


And after.  This turned out really beautifully.  It is a lovely golden brown and cooked to perfection at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.


I prefer the hash brown crust on any quiche.  I have been a cook for many years, and I never like the taste of a quiche in either a store bought, ready-made crust or a regular pie crust that I make from scratch.  They always seem to take away from the taste of the quiche rather than adding to it.  So hash brown crusts for all my quiches from this point forward.  This crust is baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes before adding the egg mixture. 


There's the hand again.  Mr. Bob wanting to get right to it and who could blame him.  This was delicious.  I would definitely serve this to company.  It is a "keeper" recipe.  I know that goat cheese can be a little pungent, but believe me, once you incorporate the 4 oz. of cheese in this recipe, it is so smooth and delicious that even if you are not a fan of goat cheese, you will find yourself coming back for a second piece of this quiche.

Fall is the perfect time to for these types of dishes.  I hope you will try it.  I think you will be very pleased with the end result.

No comments: