Friday, October 25, 2013

My Annual Halloween Lunch at Filomena with the Girls

Yesterday I got together with my best gal pals for lunch at Filomena in Georgetown.




Filomena is wonderful to visit any time of year.  But at Halloween they go all out on the scary decorations.




Here is the scene at the main entrance just outside the dining room.  Very spooky.  We had a blast.  Good food.  Good company.  Just a fun lunch with some very special people.  I had the Chicken Marsala.  Simply divine.  I heard others ordering lasagne and manicotti.  Both looked luscious.  For dessert we split tiramisu and a chocolate ganache cheesecake.  Do I even need to describe how heavenly both of these were? Probably not.  Being the only diabetic among the group, I kept my portions of both to a minimum.  But even a small portion was better than nothing.  To die for.  Like I said last year, if you are nearby or visiting DC, try to make it to Filomena.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments: