Monday, October 7, 2013

Ham and Brie - It's What's for Lunch

I did not have time to make lunch this morning which necessitated a stop at a local deli this morning.  I thought this ham and brie sandwich which sounded good.




I was walking a different route this morning and found this place next to the Melrose Hotel.  I don't even recall the name.  I'll have to go back tomorrow and pay more attention.  I was in a hurry this morning.  This sandwich was really quite good.




Ham and brie and all the other ingredients listed on the label in the first picture above.




For dessert, I had a fruit cup.





A nice selection of fruit although a little heavy on the cantaloupe which was not as ripe as I would have liked and was cut too close to the rind.  I know this is a common practice because they want to make as much money as possible off each melon they buy.  But it is not a good thing to do.  Nobody wants to each melon that has part of the green rind still on it.  It is tough and it ruins the flavor.  I ended up throwing some of this out.

No comments: