Monday, October 21, 2013

An Upgrade to The Big "N"

You will remember last fall we made this fun wreath for the front door at Crest Avenue.




We received many comments on this wreath.  Many of the readers were intrigued and asked for a materials list which we sent out, individually.  I made a few changes to this wreath and below is a pictorial of the wreath as we will use it this year.




I decided that I wanted the leaves to be adhered to the form along the sides rather than free formed.  So I hot glued them along the sides.




Then I hot glued this fringed burlap around the outside of the form to give it a more tailored look.  I do not recall where I bought this burlap.  It was in stock.  But I'm certain you could find it at Michael's or other similar craft shops.




Twice around the form with the burlap to provide good and adequate coverage.




For right now, I have set this on the mantel next to the Irving Penn print.  But I really like it on the front door, so I will probably move it there this week.




There you have it.  Some upgrades to a wreath already in our inventory. 

No comments: