Friday, March 29, 2013

Georgetown Today

Georgetown is booming today.  I took a long walk at lunch since I did not get on the treadmill this morning.  I made quite a few discoveries on my walk.  First, I found out that we have a West Elm on M Street.


I have received their catalogs in the mail for some time, but I did not know we had a store so close by.  A good find.

A little further down the street, I found Janus et Cie.  I know nothing about this company.  I do not receive a catalog.  A Google search tells me they are headquartered in Chicago, IL. with stores throughout the country.  Their furniture seems to be of the avant garde. 



I loved this window.



As I made my way down M Street toward Dean & Deluca and the old Georgetown Mall (which is closed and under renovation), the sidewalks and the traffic were packed.



Traffic stacking up in both directions.



This young woman had been watching me taking pictures for some time.  When I crossed M Street she decided to turn just as I got the shot.  Her debut on Welcome to Crest Avenue.

As you can see, we have beautiful skies and interesting cloud formations today.  I think many took off work today to celebrate Good Friday.  I hope you are enjoying the day also.

No comments: