Monday, March 18, 2013

A Happy St. Patrick's Day

The beauty of St. Patrick's Day is that everybody celebrates.  You don't have to be of Irish descent.  I guess it's sort of like Cinco de Mayo, which has gained popularity over the past few years.  So, we celebrated with corned beef and cabbage.  This plate was presented to me late yesterday afternoon/early evening from Steven over at Our-Home-Improvements.com (www.our-home-improvements.blogspot.com).  In a word - delicious.  Supremely delicious. I wouldn't have changed a thing.  And I LOVE the plate.  What a fun way to present this meal.


I decided, since Steven was going to take care of the St. Patrick's Day fare, that I would bake chicken to have for sandwiches and to chop up for garden salads during the week.



I used this Bag' N Season product from McCormick.  This was the first time I used this.  The instructions were very simple to follow.  It called for 2-1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts.  I had three pounds, so I used the entire three pounds.  I sprinkled both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.




Then placed the chicken inside the bag provided in the pack.





Cut a few holes in the top of the bag for venting, and 45 minutes later, it was done to perfection.  I put together this plate with freshly cut pineaple.  Chicken and pineapple are positively divine together.  Especially on pizza.  But they can be enjoyed together in this fashion also.



The instructions on the seasoning pack stated that you could add vegetables to the bag as well.  Potatoes, carrots, onions - this sort of thing.  I chose not to add vegetables this time, but I may in the future.  Of course, it is necessary to adjust the cooking time if you add vegetables and the bag gives you those instructions.  This turned out quite nicely and is a good idea to get done on a Sunday afternoon or evening so there is food in the refrigerator during the week.  Like I stated earlier, I will slice some for sandwiches for lunch.  I will chop some for salads.  You could also finely chop some and make chicken salad.  Baxter even enjoys a little bit in with his dinner.

McCormick Bag' N Season - another "Thing We Like."

No comments: