Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Casual Dinner From the Freezer

Not every night is gourmet night at Crest Avenue.  Truth be told, most nights are not gourmet nights at Crest Avenue.  I like to cook and I like to put together delectables when entertaining.  But most evening meals, especially during the work week, are not fancy.  That doesn't mean they aren't tasty.  Just not fancy.

One night recently I was raiding the freezer and I found these frozen and stuffed chicken breasts.



These are cooked in a conventional oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, and pretty much stand on their own.  I do not see the need to add anything to them.  A word of caution is to let them rest on a plate away from the heat for 15 - 20 minutes before attempting to eat.  Otherwise, you will have a burned mouth for a few days.  The filling gets very hot during cooking and it takes some time for it to cool sufficiently to a temperature that is suitable and will not burn your mouth.


I decided on this night to add these Crab Rangoon to the mix also.  These were quite delicious.  Again, let them cool at room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes before eating.



A cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, the two stuffed chicken breasts and the crab rangoon.  This was dinner for two nights.  Or it could be dinner for you and a spouse or special friend with a glass of wine for one night.  I added a small summer salad of iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes with a viniagrette dressing. Very delicious.

About the aluminum foil - I always line my cookie sheets with it when cooking anything on them.  Once the food is removed, just toss it and your cookie sheet stays perfectly clean.  I wipe it with a dry paper towel and then put it away until the next time.

No comments: