Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine's Day Approacheth

Yes, Cupid will be making his appearance soon and lovebirds all over the land will be running through dewey meadows, holding hands in rapturous bliss while visions of sugarplums dance in their heads.  No.  Wait a minute.  I'm getting Valentine's Day and Twas the Night Before Christmas mixed up.

Anyway, it is almost Valentine's Day.  It's a good time to let your friends and loved ones know how much you care for them.  If you find yourself solo, then send a valentine to a good friend and call them up and ask them to brunch or for a day of shopping.  There are all kinds of ways to celebrate this holiday.

For friends who are far away, I usually send a little something through the mail as described below.


Here is a travel set I found that I'll be sending out to a close friend in the next few days.


I love the leopard print.  There were many different prints from which to choose, but I thought the leopard was the most festive of all.



After I got it packed in the box, I found this cute little sticker that says "Live, Love, Laugh and be Happy."  I think that is a nice sentiment to send someone on Valentine's Day.


Then I found these owl cocktail napkins.  I had to throw them in too.  Who can't use cocktail napkins.


A card to bring a smile.


With my own handwritten inscription.



And the finished product, ready to be sealed up and send along to ____________.  Shhh.  It's a surprise.

No comments: