Friday, February 8, 2013

Brushed Pearl, . . . Maybe

This weekend will be especially busy.  I am hosting a birthday party next Saturday at 6:00 PM.  The guest list will be for twelve altogether.  There are a multitude of things to be done to prepare for this gathering.  I expect, as usual, things will be frenetic right up until the first guest arrives.  The menu needs to be prepared.  There will be trips to the market to purchase items needed to prepare finger foods.  We will need to check the liquor supply and possibly make a trip to the liquor store.  Glasses need to be washed and dried by hand so there are no finger smudges.  The table will need to be set and additional seating will need to be brought up from the basement and arranged strategically to form conversation groups.  I know it sounds like a lot, and it is.  But who doesn't love throwing a good party.  This is sort of a "pre-season" party.  I want to have a "Come Sit in the Yard" gathering in the spring.  More on that later.

Two things that need to be accomplished this weekend is the stippling on the walls in the kitchen and a new coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling.  I'm thinking of Brushed Pearl on the ceiling.


I'm thinking Brushed Pearl in one of two hues of gray.


I like both of these equally.  So it may come down to a simple toss of a coin.  I guess if I had to choose one right now, I would go with the darker (BP31A).  With the installation of the new recessed lights that will happen next week, I think the darker color would be splendiferous!!!!


I have used Behr paint throughout Crest Avenue, but I am not averse to trying Valspar.  I am impressed with the brochure I picked up at Lowe's with their Glaze Techniques.  So let's see what happens.  You will be the first to know.

No comments: