Friday, February 22, 2013

Let's Get This Party Started Now

That is, . . . the weekend party!!!  So many things to be happy about.  Happy it is Friday.  Happy that next Thursday is the last day of February.  Happy it is Friday.  Happy that spring is right around the corner.  Happy it is Friday.  Happy that we return to Daylight Saving Time on March 10.  Happy it is Friday.  You get the idea.

Busy morning at Crest Avenue.  No time to make lunch and breakfast today, so I picked up something at Starbuck's when I stopped in for my coffee.


I am not a fan of all of their bistro boxes, but I have had this one before and it is very good.  For lunch, cage-free egg, white Cheddar cheese, multigrain muesli bread with honey peanut butter spread and fruit (grapes).  For breakfast, greek yogurt with honey which contains reduced-fat Greek yogurt, coconut-almond granola, pumpkin seeds and dried cramberries.  Total calories for this breakfast and lunch - 680.  That leaves me 1000 calories for the rest of the day.  Not bad.  If you found yourself in my situation this morning and did not have time to make something for breakfast and lunch, seek out your local Starbucks.  I bet you will find something you like that will not contribute to the love handles!!!

AN UPDATE:  You may not feel the need to use all of the granola in the yogurt.  The honey adds a lot of great flavor on its own.  I used about 1/3 of the granola mix and that was enough.  That also saves a few calories but does not make the yogurt any less tasty.

No comments: