Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Happy Valentine's Day to All my Friends

If you have not already been told, let me be the first to say "Happy Valentine's Day to you!"  The holiday is all in good fun and I think it should be seen just like that.  Nothing too serious.  Just some fun with your favorite guy or gal or with a good friend.

I picked up a couple little cakes from Dean & Deluca.


We have a heart-shaped Raspberry Mousse on the left and a chocolate heart-shaped Raspberry Truffle on the right.  I don't see how either could be anything other than delicious.  And no, I will not be eating both of them.  I might have a little of each and then get on the treadmill - for 4 hours!!!  Actually, having something sweet like this does not cause my blood sugar to spike as much as pasta.  For some reason, all it takes it the smallest portion of any kind of pasta and my blood sugar goes through the roof.

For those who are just joining us, I am Type 2 Diabetic which is controlled with diet, medication and exercise, but no insulin.  I was on insulin for one year after my diagnosis.  After losing 50 pounds, I was able to say goodbye to the insulin.  It is a struggle each and every day of my life to keep the weight off, but I realize it is something I must do.  But we cannot deny ourselves all of the pleasures of life, so I have a sweet every now and then and I'm no worse for doing so.  Everything in moderation. 

No comments: