Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Some More Christmas Decoration

I posted yesterday about baubles in a basket.  After looking at the picture I posted yesterday, I decided the basket was lacking.  It needed something.


A bauble basket that is in need of something.
 So I added three glittered pinecones.


Now this is a perfect bauble basket.
 After refining this look, I moved on to other areas that needed a little holiday cheer.  In this square glass container, I poured in some epsom salt to imitate snow.  I placed a bottle brush tree in the back and carolers in front.



A really cute idea that anybody can do.  This is probably one of the easiest and least expensive things you can do to decorate your house for Christmas.

Finally, I put up the wreath on the front door.


I decided to go with a much smaller, swag style wreath on the front door this year.  This is made with boughs of white pine, douglas fir and spruce.  It is held together at the top with wire.  The bow helps to hide the wire.  Like my friend Bev says, "I don't want to see how it works; I just want it to work."  The bow hides the mechanics of how the whole thing is put together.  I'm thinking this needs some holly berries.  I think I'll add some and take the picture again.  Pick up a spray bottle at Wal-Mart and spritz it lightly every couple of days.  That will help to keep it fresh.  Eventually, even with spritzing, it will start to shed.  But there is nothing like fresh greenery in and around the house for Christmas.

And there you have it.  Check back often for more decorating ideas.

No comments: