Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Quick Visit with Ina Garten

Yesterday was a busy day.  Busier than usual.  I did not have time to post anything, so that tells you just how busy it was.  I finally got to meet Ina Garten yesterday.  You remember she was scheduled to make an appearance at Williams Sonoma at the Annapolis Mall in early November.  Unfortunately, hurricane Sandy made her appearance instead, so Ms. Garten rescheduled her book signing to yesterday.  The signing was scheduled for 12:00 to 2:00 PM.  I pre-ordered the book so when I arrived at the mall, I took my place in line along with all the others there.  Shortly afterward, an employee from Williams Sonoma appeared with a cart of receipts and books.  The next thing I knew, I was in possession of "Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust."


It really is a beautiful book.  The size of the book is good.  Easy to handle.  The recipes and photography are wonderful.  Ina was delightful.  I made my way to her around 1:45 PM and she was still smiling and pleased to see us all.  I told her that I "love, love, love the show" and "I never miss it on the weekends."  She seemed happy to hear that and wished me Happy Holidays, which I returned.

Here is a picture of Ina as she signed my book and handed it back to me.



And a picture of my signed book.


It was a fun event.  Williams Sonoma took good care of us, bringing around trays of delicious baked goods.  After I left this event, there were many stops to make on the way home to pick up some additional Christmas decor items.  We will talk more about that later this week.

No comments: