Friday, December 28, 2012

Karmapa - The Politics of Reincarnation

You will, from time to time, hear me refer to my friend Lea in my writings.  Mostly my references to Lea are that either she came to a party at Crest Avenue or she held a party at her home and we attended or that I had a small gathering on the deck of  3 or 4 people and Lea's name will be among those in attendance in this intimate group.  I met Lea about 5 years ago when she returned to the United States from living and working in India.  She was in the market to buy a house and she was looking in Cheverly at the urging of our mutual friend Barbara Silberstein.  There was a house on the market at the time that was the same floorplan as Crest Avenue and Lea was very interested in closing the deal on the house.  In the end, things did not work out on her purchasing that property.  Undaunted, she moved ahead with her search for a house in Cheverly and ended up finding a lovely home within walking distance of Crest Avenue.  We became fast friends.  She is a lovely, wonderful and kind soul and we are so happy to have her in our circle of friends.

For Christmas, I was the lucky recipient of her newest book whose title you will read above.


I am currently reading "Natural Blonde" which was sent to me by none other than Liz Smith herself.  That is a good read, but we'll talk about that later.  As soon as I am done with "Natural Blonde" I will dive into "Karmapa - The Politics of Reincarnation."  I have to admit that the title intrigues me.  I am looking forward to reading something of a totally different genre.

Lea was kind enough to also inscribe the book.


Thank you , dear Lea, for this wonderful gift.

No comments: