Monday, December 10, 2012

Outside Christmas Decoration at Crest Avenue

We spent some time decorating outside this weekend.  I decided to keep it simple, but elegant.


Simple elegance.  Maybe some red bows on the trees flanking the front door.

This is a very classic style of Christmas decorating.  You can never go wrong with this look.  You see in the foreground the palm tree that is safely tucked away and covered to protect against frost damage in the upcoming cold and frigid months.  These wreaths are illuminated with 100 tiny white lights on each.  You can barely see the cords.  I buried the tiny cords on the back of each wreath under the screen frame on each window.  Then I used green electrical cords manufactured for outside use and ran those to the timer which I secured in the ground.  (Come back tomorrow to find an easy way to mount your outdoor timer for the season.)  The wreaths came without an ornamentation.  I added the red bows which finish them off beautifully.  In each of the two bedroom windows along the east side of the house as you drive down Crest Avenue, I placed 3-bulb tiered lamps on timers.


You cannot fully appreciate the look in this picture, but it is beautiful if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow I will post about how to get your outdoor timer mounted firmly in the ground so that all of your outside lights come on and go off without any fuss.

No comments: