Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh My Aching Shoulder!

Yes, I have an aching shoulder.  I don't know if I overdid it cleaning out the basement this weekend or if it is age related or a combination of the two, but my left shoulder is killing me.  I try not to let aches and pains get me down.  I attempt to push on.  Persevere.  That's what my generation was taught.  Don't get mired down in it.  Pull yourself up and keep going.  I am up and going, but I'm not being as productive as I would like today.  So, I am going to try something new for the pain.


Peas!  That's right, Peas.  I found this today at CVS.  I got the one designed for neck and shoulder, but there are many different to choose from.  There are ones designed for the knee.  And ones designed for children.  The box says it can be used hot or cold (I will be using it hot).  It also states that it is "form fitting and flexible" and "resuable and non-toxic."  I suppose I am happy to know that it is non-toxic.  However, at this point, that is a little lower on my scale of things to worry about.  I'm kind of consumed with pain!!  In brief, it says to freeze or microwave pack to desired temperature.  Upon further review it says to microwave it for 40 seconds and if that is not hot enough to continue microwaving at 20 second intervals not to exceed 80 seconds total.  I cannot wait to give this a try.

We will get back to Christmas decorating tomorrow.

No comments: