Wednesday, December 19, 2012

More Wreaths and Other Christmas Decoration

I got a better shot of the wreath on the china closet.


You can see detail in the wreath clearer in this picture than the one I posted yesterday.  It really is a pretty wreath.



Here is a wider view of the china cabinet so that you can get a better feel for the size of the wreath.

 r

When it comes to decorating for the holidays, I leave no room untouched.  A little decoration even in the bathroom is called for.


This wreath hangs on the upright cabinet that holds guest towels and other essentials in the main bathroom.  It is a similar version of the one above with slight changes.  It is a beautiful winter white.  Winter white is an off-white unlike the bright whites one would wear or decorate with in the summer.  If you held up something in winter white next to say, a pair of summer white shorts, you would immediately see the difference.  This adds just the right touch to the room.


Here is a picture of the kissing ball I hung at the front door this year.  This is an artificial arrangement.  It was so lifelike that I couldn't tell at first whether it was real or artificial.  Manufacturing has improved so much over the years that I actually decided that this would do just perfectly.  In years past I would never have thought of hanging an artificial kissing ball, but I guess I am changing with the times.

Finally, here is a shot of a Christmas themed wall hanging that I used for the first time just last year.


I took down the artwork that hangs on this wall in the hallway and replaced it with this for the season.  It is burlap stretched over a frame and then painted with a holiday theme.  Very eclectic.  I loved it and it fits the space perfectly.

So there are a few more ideas for Christmas decorating.  We have learned today the difference between winter white and summer white; that it is OK to put a wreath in the bathroom; that artificial kissing balls are acceptable to use; and that we can replace artwork on the walls during the Christmas season.  Come back tomorrow for some more useful ideas.

No comments: