Thursday, December 27, 2012

One Final Outdoor Decoration Post

You will remember the post about the outdoor decoration at Crest Avenue this year.


This was the picture I posted a few weeks ago.

I decided to add just a few more touches before Christmas Day.


I added these pretty red bows to the front of the planters on either side of the front door.  They came with twist ties on the back which were easily threaded through the basketweave planter.  A nice touch.


I also added these hanging baskets filled with silver ornaments of different sizes.  Some are bright, shiny silver, some are glittered, some are opaque and in an assortment of sizes.  I got the hanging baskets at Lowe's for something like $4.98 each.  I picked up some artificial garland in 50' length at Wal-Mart for $7.98.  I then cut the garland in half and used 25' in each basket.  It took some time to weave it through the basket but it was worth it.  They look waonderful.

No comments: