Friday, December 7, 2012

Hedgehogs, . . . Well, Sort Of

In my travels around town, I found these really cute Hedgehog Dryer Balls.


This were too cute not to pick up as a gift for someone special this Christmas season.  I will not spill the beans about who the lucky recipient will be because he or she is a regular reader.  Or at least I hope they are a regular reader!!!


The idea with these balls is that they roll around inside the dryer drum to help separate the clothes and to soften the fabric.  We've all had a time or two where we opened the dryer to find that the clothes have formed a big ball and have just spun around with little or not movement for the past hour while the electric meter has been spinning and spinning an spinning at a high rate of speed.  Of course, that usually comes from overfilling the dryer and I don't know if these little guys will help with that.  But they do help speed up drying time when the dryer is loaded with a capacity it can handle.  I have a pair that I have been using for quite a few years.  They are beginning to show some wear, so I may get myself a couple of the hedgehogs as a Christmas present to myself.  Whether you get the hedgehogs or some other variation, I can attest to the fact that dryer balls are advantageous.

No comments: