Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Quick Pasta Primer

So today we are going to quickly talk about pasta.  I recently found a box of linguine in the pantry that needed to be cooked.  I didn't want to do anything fancy.  I did not want to spend all day making meat sauce or preparing some sort of casserole.  I just wanted to cook it in a vessel of boiling water and put it away in the refrigerator.  So that is exactly what I did.  It's linguine. You put it in a pot of boiling water for 12 minutes, drain it, rinse it in cold water to stop the cooking and you are done. Sometimes I like to just eat it warmed up with a little butter and parmesan cheese. Fond childhood memories of that.  I thought, what can I do to "umph-up" the flavor.  So I went searching in the pantry.  And what did I find.


A bottle of Spanish Olive Oil.  Organic, Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil.


So, I gave the linguine a healthy drizzle.


Placed it in a storage container.


Snapped on the lid and put it in the refrigerator.  A day or so later, I removed it, took a portion and heated it in the microwave, then added a little butter and a sprinkle of parmesan.  Magnifico!!!!

Just a quick post with an idea you can use to add a little flavor the next time you make linguine or any pasta.

No comments: